Thursday, April 28, 2016

Joan Hessayon Award contender 2016: Ros Rendle

Welcome to Ros Rendle, one of the talented contenders for this year's Joan Hessayon Award and graduate of the RNA New Writers' Scheme. Thank you for answering our questions, Ros.

How long have you been writing? Is this your first published piece?
I have only been writing for about eight years; since I retired from being a head teacher, in fact. I self-published my first book to test the water so this is my second.

How many years were you a member of the NWS and did you submit a manuscript each year?
I was a member of the NWS for two years and submitted two manuscripts in that time.

What came first, agent or publisher?
I am as yet, un-agented, but I live in hope.

How did you find your publisher?
I explored via the internet and submitted to a couple of the big ones but this was the second offer I had and the deal seemed acceptable.

Do you have a contract for one book or more?
At the moment it’s for one book about which I’m happy. Since I’m so new to all this I don’t mind keeping my options open.

When was your book published?
September of last year - 2015

Tell us something about your book
Freed from nursing duties, Fliss throws caution to the wind and carves a new life for herself in France. Will she be accepted by the disparate villagers, an eccentric and endearing array of characters in Fleurus-le-Comte? Will her new relationship with Jean-Christophe survive? Just when everything seems on a positive trend something happens about which Fliss has no control at all. It will change many lives forever but will it bring everyone together?

What are you currently working on?
I have just indie published the first of an historical romance trilogy. That one is set in WW1 and the one I am writing currently is set in WW2 in Vichy France. They demand a lot of research.

What piece of advice would you give current members of the NWS?
Be thankful to have been accepted onto such a fantastically supportive scheme. Take time to read all the advice and decide what you want to use from it.

Links:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RosalindRendleAuthor
Twitter: @ros_rendle

Thank you, Ros, we hope you have a fabulous evening at the RNA Summer Party and good luck with your writing career.

The RNA blog is brought to you by

Elaine Everest & Natalie Kleinman

If you would like to write for the RNA blog please contact us on elaineeverest@aol.com




No comments: