Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Blue Bowl Filled With Red Hearts Equals Magic by Victoria Connelly

Author Victoria Connelly shares a tale of Valentine's Day romance...

Before my husband was my husband, he was a very romantic boyfriend! I remember one Valentine's Day in particular. I was living in a tiny rented flat and he made me leave the living room whilst he prepared a surprise for me. I couldn't think what it was especially when he called me back through a few minutes later. The lights had been turned off and there in the middle of the room sat a beautiful blue glass bowl filled with water. There were red heart-shaped candles floating in it and it made the tiny room look absolutely magical! I'll never forget it. In fact, I remember it every time I see our lovely blue bowl which now has pride of place in our kitchen.





Hard-up florist Molly Bailey has just won a fortune in the National Lottery. And she wants to get rid of it - fast! Tom Mackenzie is on the verge of losing his job. He needs one hell of a story if he hopes to secure his future in journalism. And his luck may have just come in. With a strong belief that sharing her good fortune is the only way forward, Molly unwittingly becomes the most sought-after person in the country as she distributes her wealth to the masses. With only her terrier pup, Fizz, and her trusty Beetle for company, Molly embarks on the journey of her life. But with Tom hot on her heels, will she succeed before her family and the media catch up with her? And, with Tom leading the pack, would that really be such a bad thing?

www.victoriaconnelly.com

1 comment:

Jan Jones said...

That's so cute, Victoria!